- 1 Major Misconceptions Regarding Gambling Traffic Debunked
- 2 Why Gambling Is the Top Vertical?
- 3 How to Gain Gambling Traffic
- 4 Things to Know About Gambling for Traffic Arbitrage
- 5 Tips and Tricks to Improve Conversion Rates for Gambling Offers
- 6 Pre-qualify the Audience with Landings
- 7 Test Different Targeting Options
- 8 Exciting Promotions
- 9 Mobile Gamblers
- 10 Use Emojis
- 11 Conclusion
Online gambling is all about slots, blackjack, roulette as well as sports and eSports betting. The days of finding the nearest B&M casino to spin the reels of slots or fight for the big pot of poker are long gone. Thanks to internet technology, many things, including gambling, have become available to everyone. And since there is too much competition in the iGaming environment, you have great opportunities to make money from gambling affiliate programs.
By choosing the right affiliate casino program, you can make money legally and with minimal risk. All you need to do is drive gambling traffic – gambling enthusiasts who want to play for real money – to the promoted iGaming platform. What’s more, by joining a good casino affiliate program, you will get access to all the tools and promotional materials you need to be effective. Due to a lot of myths and misconceptions concerning gambling traffic, some affiliates are still skeptical about this niche. We are here to dispel misconceptions about gambling traffic and give tips on getting the best out of affiliate casino programs.
Major Misconceptions Regarding Gambling Traffic Debunked
Working as an affiliate can bring in a substantial monthly income. But the profitability of this activity depends on both your skills and experience, as well as on how well you choose your niche. Online gambling has traditionally been regarded as one of the most promising areas for affiliates. But there are myths and misconceptions that can still keep you away from iGaming – check them out below:
- There is no longer a need to drive traffic to gambling websites and therefore no one is doing it. In fact, the iGaming industry is one of the most competitive, with operators vying for literally every new customer. The bigger the base of paying gamblers, the higher the casino’s profits. So, gambling arbitrage is still a sought-after area where you can get a good passive income.
- You can succeed by copying someone else’s case. There is actually no one strategy that will lead you to success. In order to attract high volumes of gambling traffic and earn good commissions, you need to find new approaches and solutions to problems, constantly analyze your activity and improve your results. What works for someone else might not work for you.
- You cannot arbitrage gambling traffic without an initial budget. This is partly true, as you need at least a small initial budget to start any activity. However, the low entry threshold is one of the key advantages of working with gambling affiliate programs. If you choose a good one, you will get free access to marketing tools, landing pages, apps and creatives.
- No one will notice that I attract poor or untargeted traffic. An affiliate program has all the tools to analyze your performance. You will be paid a commission only for sending relevant traffic that converts. Moreover, some affiliate programs have strict conditions regarding the traffic you are directing.
- It is better to drive traffic directly. Direct traffic has its advantages, including the fact that it is likely to be already interested users who will convert. However, for gambling platforms, it is also important that people find them in a more natural way. Ultimately, you should use both direct and organic traffic in combination.
So, gambling traffic arbitrage is a very promising area where you can make money from gambling without playing it. Below we give some useful tips on how to improve your results in promoting gambling offers.
Why Gambling Is the Top Vertical?
Online gambling is a promising area for affiliate marketing because a huge number of people around the world play gambling in one way or another. The desire to get a thrill out of gambling and to win something substantial are the factors that make people visit online casinos. The gambling vertical is full of offers for both advanced affiliates and those who are just making their first steps in gaining a niche. However, the level of competition here is very high, so you will have to do your best to succeed with gambling traffic arbitrage, especially if you are a beginner.
How to Gain Gambling Traffic
Gambling traffic is essentially people who are interested in gambling. This audience includes both online casino fans and betting enthusiasts. Your job as an affiliate is to attract the attention of the interested audience, encourage people to click on your affiliate link, register with the promoted iGaming platform and make deposits.
Things to Know About Gambling for Traffic Arbitrage
If you are a beginner, the first thing you need to find out is what is gambling and how it works. Your success in any field depends on your knowledge and experience, so you should start with the basics. Below we will talk about some of the features of gambling that every affiliate should know about:
- Gambling is a sensitive subject that needs to be taken into account when creating and posting promotional material. In many countries, there is still no clear legal framework regarding the regulation of online gambling. Therefore, start by researching the specifics of the legislation for the GEOs you are working with.
- Online gambling is a very competitive market, so you need to be very creative in designing your advertising campaigns to get people’s attention and encourage them to take targeted action.
- Gambling traffic can be quite expensive, so clicks on gambling ads will cost more. Keep this in mind when planning your advertising budget.
Keep in mind that the main sources of gambling traffic are search engines and social media. Since gambling is a sensitive topic, Facebook and other platforms can make life difficult for affiliates by imposing different conditions and restrictions on displaying ads. In addition, you need to know your audience well. Statistics show that the lion’s share of the gambling audience is made up of middle-income people aged 18-35.
Tips and Tricks to Improve Conversion Rates for Gambling Offers
The Internet and mobile technology have ushered in a golden age for gambling entertainment. In addition, gambling is one of the oldest and most well-established affiliate verticals that continues to grow rapidly. This means that you will have no problem finding a target audience if you do it right. However, for your efforts to bear fruit, there are a few tips to increase conversion rates – and you’ll find them below.
Pre-qualify the Audience with Landings
The price of leads is an important metric, but this does not mean that you need to get as many low-priced leads as possible. The point of pre-qualification with copy and landing pages is to find a reasonable balance between the price of leads and their quality. By using a landing page, you will be able to filter out unqualified leads. To do this, be honest about who you are trying to help and use language that speaks subtly to your target audience. When creating a landing page, make sure the copy meets several important criteria. First, does the person meet the age requirements for gambling? Secondly, does the person have a spare budget for gambling entertainment? Thirdly, is he or she really interested in what you are offering?
Test Different Targeting Options
To ensure that your offer reaches those who may be interested in gambling, you will use targeting. There are many targeting options including segmentation by age, geography, interests, behavioural traits and more. Use split testing tools to set up your targeting correctly.
Almost all iGaming platforms offer various rewards and bonuses. As part of the marketing program, casino bonuses help to attract new users and convert them into loyal ones. Many gambling enthusiasts are already used to casinos offering bonuses and they are looking for the most exciting and lucrative ones. By making an exclusive offer, you will encourage the player to click on your affiliate link and sign up with an iGaming platform.
The market for mobile gambling is growing rapidly. Mobile-friendly iGaming platforms have made online slots, blackjack, poker and sports betting more accessible to everyone than ever before. And so, the lion’s share of your efforts should be focused on attracting mobile traffic. By choosing a good casino affiliate program, you’ll have access to ready-made mobile apps and mobile-friendly creatives that convert well.
As a rapidly growing global language, emojis are an integral part of messengers and chat platforms with ever-increasing popularity. It’s like a universal language that everyone can understand no matter where they are from in the world. And there are at least three important reasons why you should add emojis to your marketing materials:
- They are the same in all languages.
- They make digital communication easier.
- They humanize communication.
Using relevant, brand-reflective emojis can help you stand out from the crowd, add personality to your messages and increase audience engagement. However, don’t overdo it, as too many emojis can be repulsive.
Contrary to misconceptions, online gambling is a very promising area for affiliate marketing. However, although the gambling audience is large, there are many obstacles that will prevent you from gaining the attention of gambling enthusiasts. By taking the time to research the niche and using the tips above, you will be able to reap good benefits from gambling traffic.