- 1 How to Make Money on TikTok with Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate Program for Gambling and Betting Platforms
- 2 What is TikTok and Who are the Users of this Social Media?
- 3 Building Your TikTok Audience
- 4 Content Features and Publication Frequency
- 5 Link Up Your Other Media Profiles to TikTok
- 6 Interact with Your Niche-Specific Content
- 7 How to Withdraw TikTok Traffic Through the App
- 8 How to Promote Gambling Affiliate Programs on TikTok
How to Make Money on TikTok with Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate Program for Gambling and Betting Platforms
No matter how good your gambling or betting project is in terms of functionality, usability and design, it is unlikely to be profitable unless you manage to drive traffic to it, i.e. build a large base of players who make deposits and spend money on bets. It takes some marketing effort to drive your online business to success, and affiliate marketing has proven to be one of the most effective strategies. With a low entry threshold, low ongoing costs, good scalability, and targeted traffic, it can provide a really high return on investment (ROI).
So, since you’ve already decided that affiliate marketing is what you need to promote your gambling or betting project, it’s time to choose a platform through which you will connect with your audience. While Facebook and Instagram, popular social media platforms with huge user bases, maybe the obvious choice, there is also TikTok, a major network for sharing short videos that incorporates all the best features of the above platforms, and YouTube as well. We are here to talk about important features of Tik Tok affiliate marketing, as well as how to establish a TikTok affiliate program to promote gambling and betting projects.
What is TikTok and Who are the Users of this Social Media?
Introduced to the world in 2018 as a mobile app, TikTok is a platform for creating and distributing short video clips with background music. TikTok is based on an intelligent content ranking algorithm that selects videos based on each user’s individual preferences. To understand how popular the network is, let’s look at some demographics and user engagement levels:
- The platform’s monthly user base has exceeded 1 billion people. This means that one in seven people on the planet prefers to watch short video clips on TikTok. It also indicates a vast opportunity for affiliate marketing on TikTok.
- Using a gender-neutral format, TikTok attracts a huge audience of 56% men and 44% women.
- TikTok has established itself as an app for young people, as more than 40% of its users are aged between 16 and 24. At the same time, 90% of this segment use the app on a daily basis.
- Recently, the platform has been gaining momentum in India. Statistics show that 43% of new TikTok users are from India. This is especially important for businesses wishing to utilize a betting or gambling affiliate program in this region.
- The average engagement rate of the platform’s users is 29%.
Given the platform’s youth focus, you should be aware that your products aimed at older people are unlikely to be well promoted through TikTok. However, since the majority of bettors and gamblers are between 20-40 years old, affiliate marketing on Tik Tok to promote online casinos and sportsbooks can be a very effective enterprise. Here are a few platform pros to be aware of:
- With a huge and ever-growing audience, the platform has a high potential to make money from it.
- A great option for accumulating user-generated video content.
- With a humorous bias, the platform distributes viral content that is highly effective for marketing strategies.
- With a smart content ranking algorithm and hashtags, TikTok makes it easy to reach a target audience and ensures a high level of user engagement.
- Easy to create and distribute content.
So, when you know the key benefits, let’s find out more about how TikTok can be used for affiliate marketing purposes.
Building Your TikTok Audience
So, if TikTok is your number one choice for launching your betting affiliate program, the first thing you need to do is create an affiliate marketing profile on the platform. To build a follower base, you need to create quality video content to show your affiliate products at their best. The effectiveness of using the platform to promote with an affiliate marketing strategy is highly dependent on the number of views. The more views, the higher the conversion rate. In the initial stages, you need to publish at least 2-3 videos a day to attract attention. In order for your narrative to be consistent and to capture the essence of your affiliate product, all videos should be interlinked and highlight the features of the product.
Content Features and Publication Frequency
With organic reach on TikTok, you can run a truly successful affiliate campaign to promote your casino website or sportsbook. Organic reach will not only allow you to increase your brand awareness but also build long-term relationships with the audience. Here are some organic reach tips to help you increase the effectiveness of your affiliate marketing Tik Tok program:
- Your publications should be consistent and frequent. You need to publish at least 3 videos in the initial stages and at least 1 video daily thereafter. Thanks to the advanced features, you will be able to customize the frequency of your video messaging.
- Make your content interesting and really useful to your audience. For example, you could publish short videos with poker strategy tips.
- Link to third-party content relevant to your niche to extend your reach.
- Capture email addresses with engaging lead magnets to take advantage of email marketing as well.
- Follow the TikTok trends and make the most of the hashtag feature.
- Invite others to join your own trends as well as join forces with other content creators.
By following the above guidelines, you will be able to run a truly effective TikTok affiliate program to drive traffic to your project.
Link Up Your Other Media Profiles to TikTok
When launching an affiliate marketing Tik Tok program, you should be aware that your audience reach can be wider if you use additional social platforms. Moreover, users are always happy to subscribe to various social profiles of opinion leaders and popular brands, so don’t miss out on this opportunity. To connect your YouTube or Instagram profile, all you need to do is tap the ‘Me’ icon, then launch the profile edit function and enter your YouTube and Instagram profile links in the relevant fields.
Keep in mind that you won’t be able to add an affiliate link if you have a regular TikTok profile. To solve this problem, you can add the link directly to your profile description, use TikTok-friendly online services, use promo codes or buy a business account.
Interact with Your Niche-Specific Content
Although many people use TikTok simply to watch funny videos, it’s called social networking for a reason. Because your audience members are real people, it is important to build real relationships for the success of your affiliate marketing TikTok program. For example, by commenting on the publications of content creators related to your niche, you can build a network of like-minded people, thus significantly increasing your reach. You also have access to the Duet feature that allows you to interact with other content creators and reach users interested in your content.
How to Withdraw TikTok Traffic Through the App
Using TikTok to share useful and funny videos can be an exciting experience. However, it wouldn’t make any sense for your casino affiliate program efforts if you don’t draw traffic from your TikTok profile. So, that’s why we already mentioned above how you can place affiliate links in your profile. So, you’re already posting compelling content and getting a lot of followers, and now it’s time to drive traffic from your TikTok account to your brand to benefit from this thriving social media platform:
- Edit Bio by adding an affiliate link to the Website field. Note that this option may not be available in some countries and for accounts with an insufficient number of followers.
- Connect Instagram and YouTube social profiles for cross-promotion purposes.
- Use the TikTok Ads tool with a button to go to your brand page.
You can also use TikTok LIVE to increase your brand awareness. Although TikTok LIVE does not allow you to add clickable links, when combined with an effective content strategy, it contributes to a significant increase in click-through rates.
How to Promote Gambling Affiliate Programs on TikTok
Affiliate marketing on Tik Tok will only be effective if you have a lot of views. To promote your gambling affiliate program on TikTok, follow these steps:
- Be consistent in what and when you publish. To be successful with your online casino affiliate program, create a schedule for publishing video clips and stick to it.
- Create new trends. Analyze current trends in your niche, keep track of aspects that resonate with your audience, and use only what works really well.
- Find like-minded people as well as marketing opportunities to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Don’t overload your videos with hashtags. The sheer number of hashtags can be annoying.
- Repurpose traffic to other channels and remember that you are targeting later Millennials and Gen Z’ers who are quite different from Twitter or Facebook users.
Thanks to TikTok’s enormous potential, you can expect high conversion rates in your affiliate marketing programs to promote gambling and betting projects. Offering many tools and features, TikTok also allows you to experiment with innovative marketing strategies. Moreover, TikTok has gained serious momentum and shows no signs of slowing down, so affiliate marketing on Tik Tok will remain a viable concept generating millions in revenue for years to come.