- 1 How to Become A Successful Affiliate Marketer in Gambling
- 2 Knowing Your Niche Is the Basis for Success
- 3 How to Get Success in Affiliate Marketing – Search Engine Marketing
- 4 Knowing the Target Audience and the Product is Crucial
- 5 Work with Several Platforms at Once
- 6 Invest in Knowledge and Keep up with the Times
- 7 Never Surrender
How to Become A Successful Affiliate Marketer in Gambling
Now, with online gambling and betting on the rise, the profession of affiliate marketer has become even more relevant than ever before. Regardless of whether people prefer chance games or skill-focused options, they’re more likely to choose to play at an online casino than look for the nearest land-based gambling venue. The affiliate’s job is to create valuable content that will attract the attention of potential players and target them toward a particular brand’s product (iGaming platform). In other words, you need to find a source of traffic (people interested in gambling), launch an advertising campaign to promote your offer and get a commission for each new real money user.
Although it sounds easy in words, in practice you will have to invest a lot of time and effort in order to become a successful affiliate marketer in the gambling field. First, you need to find out what a “successful” affiliate marketer means? As practice shows, the best marketers have revenues in the five figures per month, and there is still a lot of room for improvement. So, we’re here to help you start your road to becoming a top iGaming affiliate. Sit back for how to become a successful affiliate marketer and earn really big.
Knowing Your Niche Is the Basis for Success
A big mistake that prevents many newbies from achieving gambling affiliate marketing success is that they rush headlong into the job without understanding how the gambling industry works. Moreover, there are both gambling affiliates and betting affiliates and these areas are quite different. For example, a person wanting to bet on his favourite football team is unlikely to belong to your target audience if you are promoting online slots. Conversely, a player with years of blackjack experience is unlikely to understand much about betting on tennis events.
The good news about online betting and gambling is that these markets continue to evolve rapidly. While COVID-19 put many offline businesses on pause, the iGaming industry has benefited from people being forced to be at home on self-isolation. So, if you don’t know enough about online gambling and sports betting, here are some promising niches that will appeal to you:
- Online slots. These games are a must-have at any online casino. With simple rules, exciting gameplay and high payout potential, they resonate with many gambling enthusiasts. So, promoting online slot projects can be a great answer to how to succeed in gambling affiliate marketing.
- Live Casino. Although online casinos have been plaguing the internet since the mid-1990s, there are still many players who are skeptical about RNG-based gambling machines. A live casino connects the two worlds, the real and the virtual. So, a live casino can be a great deal within a casino affiliate program.
- Sports betting. Offline bookies continue to make good profits, but with the move of their business to an online environment, revenues have multiplied. With such competition in the market, you can easily find an affiliate program offering good commissions for you.
- eSports betting. Once upon a time, your parents told you that you’d never make money from your video games. Times have changed radically and now you don’t have to bet on CS:GO or Dota 2 to make money. eSports can be your starting point to gambling affiliate marketing success.
However, it is not enough just to choose a niche. Study each of these areas thoroughly to see which one is right for you. Finally, instead of experimenting with everything, focus on one particular area.
How to Get Success in Affiliate Marketing – Search Engine Marketing
It is not enough to create your own website in the hope that it will attract a targeted audience. To promote it, many people use pay-per-click advertising services like Google Ads. Given the competition in the market, this can be very costly. We recommend focusing on organic traffic. To do so, you need to optimize your website, publish quality content regularly, and harness the power of social media. Alternatively, you can employ a SEO company. Keep in mind that the less money you spend on PPC advertising, the higher your net profit will be.
Knowing the Target Audience and the Product is Crucial
Wondering how to become a successful affiliate marketer, you should focus on creating quality promotional materials (creatives). Here are some takeaways regarding the product and the target audience:
- You need to know about your target audience, their interests and hobbies, where they like to spend their time and so on. Your target audience is likely to be young and active men between the ages of 18 and 35 with an average income.
- With your audience in mind, you should create content that provides some value to your audience. For example, you could talk about how the RNG algorithms work or the features of the Martingale betting system.
- By publishing quality and useful content regularly, you will build trust with your audience.
Keep in mind that online betting and gambling are prohibited in some countries. You should therefore focus on jurisdictions where the product you are promoting is legal.
Work with Several Platforms at Once
When you partner with a single merchant, there is always the risk that something will go wrong and you will lose your source of income. There’s nothing negative about running the gambling/betting platforms of several different companies at once. Ask any experienced marketer and you’ll see that diversification is the answer to how to succeed in affiliate marketing. While growing, you will become an influential marketer with whom the big brands will be reckoned, even if you give up exclusivity agreements.
Invest in Knowledge and Keep up with the Times
In just 25+ years of existence, online gambling has undergone many changes. It started with static websites with downloadable software platforms. Then the content became dynamic and played directly on website pages. Since the 2010s, the trend of mobile gambling got a boost. Finally, the arrival of Evolution Gaming with its revolutionary Live Casino technology has changed the face of iGaming dramatically. As you can see, the market is constantly changing, and you not only need to keep track of this but also adjust to these changes.
Aside from the product itself, you also need to keep an eye on affiliate marketing trends. Banner advertising is a good example of how volatile this environment is. After making a big profit just a few years ago, banner ads are now ignored by most Internet users. So, seeking knowledge and putting it into practice is an important answer to how to succeed in gambling affiliate marketing.
You probably imagine the affiliate marketer as a successful businessman sipping a cocktail on the beach. However, the truth is that you need to spend a lot of time learning and be prepared to fail in order to achieve meaningful results. It’s a long and winding road which not everyone can walk. So, the first thing you need to do if you’re wondering how to succeed in affiliate marketing is to establish realistic results. By analyzing the ever-changing market, improving your knowledge and keeping up with the times, you’ll finally become what they call a successful affiliate marketer. Most importantly, don’t give up if you fail. Every mistake is an invaluable experience that lets you know what works and what doesn’t. Be flexible to change your strategy and get the best results.